Thursday, February 20, 2014

Power's out . . . grab your phone

Most useful app:  Flashlight.  Scene:  Saturday morning at busy community library.  Power goes out (and stays out for 35 minutes).  Uh - oh!  There's a group of kids in the basement meeting room (no window room) making Valentines.  Phone in my pocket.  Downstairs I go . . .  the parents had already pulled out their Smart phone flashlights.  I loaned my flashlight phone to a very trusted teen volunteer and the kids contentedly continued the Valentine making adventure in a 'new' light!  btw:  It's hard to keep fresh batteries in an emergency flashlight.  The wind up flashlight was not as quick or powerful as my phone app light.

Recommended app:  Super-Bright LED Flashlight by Surpex Technology Inc.

1 comment:

  1. That’s awesome! I’m glad that you found a really great way to use this app in the library, and that it provided a quick fix for the power problem. I can’t wait to see what else you discover as you continue through the Things.

    Anita
    23 Mobile Things Coach

    ReplyDelete